Wednesday, October 25, 2023

Ibanez GRX40JE Overhaul | Part 6

Related Links
Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3 | Part 4 | Part 5 | Part 6 | Part 7 | Part 8 | Part 9

Finally got the back cover off today. What had been impeding my progress so far were two screws that were impossible to loosen. Before this, I'd had the heads of three screws snap right off, but at least unscrewing them was no longer an issue. Back to these final two screws, then. First tried cutting a slot into the heads with a cutting wheel, but that didn't work. Gave up on that, and decided to drill right into them. The heat generated softened the surrounding plastic a little, and I was able to prise the back cover off. Meanwhile, I've also shortlisted the hardware that is fit to be reused, and have taken care of the necessary cleaning and polishing. Yes, I used Autosol Metal Polish. Don't know what I'd do without it.



Those pesky screws [arrowed] have been removed.

A little melted plastic. Nothing too serious.

Hardware that will be reused.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by. All comments are highly appreciated.