Wednesday, June 24, 2020

1983 Ibanez AR30 Restoration – Part Four

Related Posts
Part One | Part Two | Part Three | Part Four

In Part One of this series, we took a look at the early stages of restoration work done on this 1983 Ibanez AR30. Then, in Part Two, the refinishing process was completed; and the AR30 left aside for a month. Next, in Part Three, we saw electronics, shielding and related issues being taken care of.

We are now at the fourth and final part of this series. It's been nearly a year since I started this restoration, and I'm eager to send it back to the owner for final testing. As it turned out, I met him just a few hours ago at his rehearsal studio, handed him his AR30; and was treated to a 15 minutes of blazing guitar work.

After putting the guitar back on its stand, he looked at me and gave me the thumbs-up. I heaved a huge sigh of relief, I tell you. Well folks, that concludes the saga of how this 1983 Ibanez AR30 was restored. Who knows, one of these days another AR30 might just come my way.










No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by. All comments are highly appreciated.